Mondeo ST220 Turbo conversion project - Custom | Unique Project Work - Mondeo ST Owners Club

Mondeo ST220 Turbo conversion project

* - - - - 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
295 replies to this topic

Niel

Niel
  • Forum User
  • 126 posts

Have you guys ever wanted to turbo your st220 or saw some pics of 1 please share.

im busy builing one of the first st220 turbo charged mondeo's in S.A that i know off

will share pics of the build project

The intercooler and boost pipes is done, the turbo brance is done, the oil supply to the turbo is done. still need to do the wireing and oil return pipe,the exhaust system 4 inch pipe from the turbo to the rear axel, then i need to do the air filter ,fuel system and injectors and fuel pumps and also need to do the cluch(buttom clutch with solid flywheel) and need to lower the compression on the motor and im going to run unichip on my car. wil send some more pics. for now im aiming for about 450bhp on 0.8 bar boost and later all the internal on the motor wil be changed and will make the car all wheel drive and crank the boost up to 2 - 2.5 bar boost and then aiming for a 1000bhp+. the engin have prove itself and wil handel the power iets just the gearbox,diff and transfercase im worry about. if every goes acording to plan the car wil be ready and sorted on 0.8bar by the end of this year.

Attached Files

• Martin C, PeteST, President new yorker and 2 others like this

Niel

Niel
  • Forum User
  • 126 posts

Have you guys ever wanted to turbo your st220 or saw some pics of 1 please share.

Niel

Niel
  • Forum User
  • 126 posts

im busy builing one of the first st220 turbo charged mondeo's in S.A that i know off

will share pics of the build project

rs1800dom

rs1800dom

The Breakfast Dominator

• Forum User
  • 2581 posts
  • hampshire
  • Dom
  • Mondeo ST TDCi
Would love to see the pics. There was someone on here and Facebook that managed to turbo there 220. But then stripped it and moved onto another make.

Would absolutely love one. Even with mild boost. The noise alone would be worth it
  • Niel likes this

Niel

Niel
  • Forum User
  • 126 posts

lol see the pics is already on. jip cant wait to drive the car on 0.8bar boost. its alot of work but i know it will be worth it at the end :DDance:  

• rs1800dom and Neil like this

Neil

Neil

Mr Data

• Club Staff
  • 11297 posts

I like that, "a lot of work"  :rofl:  :rofl:

Try "An absolute pig of a job and a :censored: load of work!"  :grin:

New to the site? Please visit the New User thread: http://www.mondeosto...oc-please-read/
Are you a Forum User? Why not invest in the Full Club Membership. Click on this link to join... https://www.mondeostoc.com/forums/store/category/10-club-membership/
The potential savings from the Technical Handbook, How to guides, and Club Discounts will pay back the membership fee with interest.

Niel

Niel
  • Forum User
  • 126 posts

A few more pics on my project.

Had some issues with the turbo branch,boost pipes,water pipe,oil return line and the fitment of the intercooler

basically everything i paid someone to do was a mess so i had to refit the intercooler and modify the turbo branch, still need to weld the turbo branch again and modify the boost pipes,water pipe and oil return line before i can carry on with the wireing.

Attached Files

• Martin C, willf1965 and Kirk like this

sebastian

sebastian
  • Forum User
  • 144 posts

This is nuts! Huge kudos!

Niel

Niel
  • Forum User
  • 126 posts

This is nuts! Huge kudos!

lol why do you say " this is nuts " ?

sebastian

sebastian
  • Forum User
  • 144 posts

lol why do you say " this is nuts " ?

- it's considerable effort. it demonstrates a huge commitment to the car at hand, given the cheaper and considerably less time intensive option would be to just buy a different car that either has the power you are looking to attain off the shelf, or can achieve it with plug-and-play mods.

- it's pretty uncharted territory. You're going solo - it's not like you can refer to the collective wisdom of people who have already done this mod to this car. No support network.

- it's gonna be a pretty insane squeeze getting all the components in and the related pipework

- the time scale you are working to. 12 months if all goes to plan. For phase 1!

Yeah, come to think of it, I'm not sure why i said it's nuts  :notworthy:

Niel

Niel
  • Forum User
  • 126 posts

- it's considerable effort. it demonstrates a huge commitment to the car at hand, given the cheaper and considerably less time intensive option would be to just buy a different car that either has the power you are looking to attain off the shelf, or can achieve it with plug-and-play mods.

- it's pretty uncharted territory. You're going solo - it's not like you can refer to the collective wisdom of people who have already done this mod to this car. No support network.

- it's gonna be a pretty insane squeeze getting all the components in and the related pipework

- the time scale you are working to. 12 months if all goes to plan. For phase 1!

Yeah, come to think of it, I'm not sure why i said it's nuts  :notworthy:

hahaha i get your point but luckely i have build 2 turbo cars before this one.the was my every day car(2l irs ford laser) and help my father on his race car(3.4l ford sierra with twin turbos and it made 450kw on the wheels on 1.5bar boost). and to buy a car with that amount of power in south africa is to expensive and i love working on my car and to make it faster because nobody will think the car will be that fast if you pull up againt then next to a trafic light. drag racing and building cars is my hobby. the only reason its going to take me 12 months before it will be ready is because i dont have the cash to do evering at once.

• Martin C and Neil like this

markjlev

markjlev
  • Club Member
  • 1140 posts
Looking really good. Following this build mate
  • Niel likes this
New to the site? Please visit the New User thread: http://www.mondeosto...oc-please-read/
Are you a Forum User? Why not invest in the Full Club Membership. Click on this link to join... https://www.mondeostoc.com/forums/store/category/10-club-membership/
The potential savings from the Technical Handbook, How to guides, and Club Discounts will pay back the membership fee with interest.

Disco Biscuits Dave

Disco Biscuits Dave
  • Forum User
  • 74 posts
  • Chelmsford
  • David
  • Mondeo ST200

This is mental cant wait to see the finished product, I seen a supercharged St200 and even that wasn't make anything close to 450bhp. All will drive mondeo would be epic! Would love to see video on youtube once its all completed bet the sound will be quality.

• Niel likes this

Niel

Niel
  • Forum User
  • 126 posts

Thanks guys.i have finish the oil return pipe and is 60% complete with the exhausted system.still need to buy some v-band clamp and flex pipe and need to build a collector to go from one 100mm to two 76mm and beadbox.wil upload some pics again when im done.wil also upload a video when i started it. i think 450bhp is reachable because im runing a gt42(big wheel) turbo.the turbo is rated a 1000hp+

Martin C

Martin C

I am someone

• Club Member
  • 12427 posts
  • South East Essex
  • Mondeo ST TDCi

I have nothing but respect for this build, looking forward to seeing the results :)

• markjlev and Niel like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

P