Mondeo ST220 Turbo conversion project - Page 20 - Custom | Unique Project Work - Mondeo ST Owners Club

Mondeo ST220 Turbo conversion project

* - - - - 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
295 replies to this topic

markjlev

markjlev
  • Club Member
  • 1140 posts
😍😍😍
New to the site? Please visit the New User thread: http://www.mondeosto...oc-please-read/
Are you a Forum User? Why not invest in the Full Club Membership. Click on this link to join... https://www.mondeostoc.com/forums/store/category/10-club-membership/
The potential savings from the Technical Handbook, How to guides, and Club Discounts will pay back the membership fee with interest.

Niel

Niel
  • Forum User
  • 126 posts

Just read through this build, honestly it's epic, the time and effort you have put into this is mesmerising never mind the Cost of it all,

Just a quick question, do you have any photos of your manifold layout up to the turbo?

I don't have any at the moment.i can't promise but will try and take some tomorrow.not sure if you will be able to see it because the space is limited and everything is compact but will try my best

Niel

Niel
  • Forum User
  • 126 posts
Ok so finally I can import the Msd pencil coils from USA. I'll take a few photos when I'm done with the bracket for the petrol cabel.if all goes well before the end of the week. The intake is 90% done

Attached Files

markjlev

markjlev
  • Club Member
  • 1140 posts
Looking good mate. Cant wait to see some more updates
New to the site? Please visit the New User thread: http://www.mondeosto...oc-please-read/
Are you a Forum User? Why not invest in the Full Club Membership. Click on this link to join... https://www.mondeostoc.com/forums/store/category/10-club-membership/
The potential savings from the Technical Handbook, How to guides, and Club Discounts will pay back the membership fee with interest.

Oddified

Oddified
  • Forum User
  • 8 posts
  • Clitheroe
  • Mondeo ST220

Ok so finally I can import the Msd pencil coils from USA. I'll take a few photos when I'm done with the bracket for the petrol cabel.if all goes well before the end of the week. The intake is 90% done

Which model of msd coils are you planning to use??.

Niel

Niel
  • Forum User
  • 126 posts

Just read through this build, honestly it's epic, the time and effort you have put into this is mesmerising never mind the Cost of it all,

Just a quick question, do you have any photos of your manifold layout up to the turbo?

Sorry for the late reply.this is the one in the front.i did not take any pictures of the one at the back because I can't get access to it from the top. Lol no space but the one at the back is basically the same as the one in the front

Attached Files

Niel

Niel
  • Forum User
  • 126 posts

I'm using the Msd 8221 pencil coils. It's slightly longer and you need to cut off the part where you need to tighten the coil to get it to fit.

I'm using the Msd 8221 pencil coils. It's slightly longer and you need to cut off the part where you need to tighten the coil to get it to fit.

Attached Files

Oddified

Oddified
  • Forum User
  • 8 posts
  • Clitheroe
  • Mondeo ST220

I assume they'll fit beneath the intake manifold on the other bank??. They look great  :thumbsup:

Niel

Niel
  • Forum User
  • 126 posts

I assume they'll fit beneath the intake manifold on the other bank??. They look great  :thumbsup:

Thanks. The intake is slightly pressing against the wire connector plug but nothing major that would cause it to break or damage it.

Oddified

Oddified
  • Forum User
  • 8 posts
  • Clitheroe
  • Mondeo ST220

I went with Audi R8 cop's, modified/shortened and fitted like a glove  :nice: . They work far better than the standard wasted spark system.

Attached File  Cops fitted.jpg   190.8KB   0 downloads

Niel

Niel
  • Forum User
  • 126 posts
It does fit nice.well done. The only reason I went for the Lexus pencil coils was I could get it for Msd and I was looking for Msd pencil coils

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

P