Amanda

Amanda

Management Team

• Administrator
  • 261 posts
  • Margam
  • Mondeo ST220

Hello Everyone

Over the past few years we have seen a decline in the number of members attending the smaller shows.

I have to cover all associated costs involved with selling the tickets as we are not funded or financed by any other source. 

The drop in numbers makes it not feasible to organise or offer tickets to any shows where numbers drop to below 50 members attending.

We have had long and in-depth discussions regarding the shows and have concluded we will attend Ford Fair and Ford Fest as a club, 

we will sell Ford Fair tickets via our club shop as previously. (details on Ford Fest will follow at a later date)

Ford Fair tickets will be on sale from mid – April

Best Regards

Amanda

• markjlev likes this

gman8885

gman8885
  • Forum User
  • 245 posts
  • Stowmarket
  • Mondeo ST220

Great news Amanda, look forward to seeing everyone at Ford Fair, have noticed that Trax is in October this year too.

Allan

Allan
  • Club Member
  • 190 posts
  • Scottish Borders
  • I don't own one, yet!

Just to add. Although we will only be selling tickets for the two above shows via our club shop. This does not mean the club will not have a stand at other shows. It just means that you will have to purchase your own tickets then arrange a stand with the show's organisers. In all lot of cases it may be that a member of club staff arranges the stand. In others it may be that it's a club rep or club member. 

We have a limited number of club flags. These are, for the most part, held by club staff. We will always try and take these to the bigger shows. However, if the member of club staff that has them is not attending a particular show it may be possible for a rep/club member to collect them from the member of club staff that has them. And take them along to the show. This would come with the caveat that they must be returned after the show. 

• gman8885 and markjlev like this

Tdcisaloon

Tdcisaloon

Craig the 2nd

• Forum User
  • 1802 posts
  • Hull
  • Paul
  • Mondeo ST TDCi
Quite shocked at this

Allan

Allan
  • Club Member
  • 190 posts
  • Scottish Borders
  • I don't own one, yet!

Quite shocked at this

We would rather do more as a club. But if members dont attend it's simply not worth it. Use it or loose it springs to mind. 

Martin C

Martin C

I am someone

• Club Member
  • 12427 posts
  • South East Essex
  • Mondeo ST TDCi

Unfortunately Allan is quite right in what he says, for years, we have struggled to get attendance figures above 5 or 6 :(

Justcos

Justcos
  • Forum User
  • 7165 posts
Why do you think this is? I've seen a lot of members who were regulars on here go FB groups :( obviously this has had an impact.

Neil

Neil

Mr Data

• Club Staff
  • 11179 posts
Yes, Facebook is a problem. Before Facebook you had to put the time in to start a club.

With Facebook, anyone can do it and as Facebook is so popular, that is where people search first these days :(
  • Justcos likes this
New to the site? Please visit the New User thread: http://www.mondeosto...oc-please-read/
Are you a Forum User? Why not invest in the Full Club Membership. Click on this link to join... https://www.mondeostoc.com/forums/store/category/10-club-membership/
The potential savings from the Technical Handbook, How to guides, and Club Discounts will pay back the membership fee with interest.

Justcos

Justcos
  • Forum User
  • 7165 posts
Yeah it's a shame people goto fb I suppose it's better for some if there's a group close to home they can join. I could join a club on FB that's close to me but I enjoy this one and the people on it. Even though local meets aren't very local lol
  • Martin C and Tdcisaloon like this

gman8885

gman8885
  • Forum User
  • 245 posts
  • Stowmarket
  • Mondeo ST220
Tbh I'd rather be on here and on one of our stands like Ford Fair last year. Ok there may be more people on the farcebook ones, but in comparison with the knowledge and expertise on here, and how well run the events are there's nowhere else I'd rather stick my motor. Always had a great day with the stoc and will continue as long as all the top people behind the scenes keep up their amazing work. Cheers for you all on making this a professional and super ran club. Thanks.
  • Martin C, Gordon, bill w and 2 others like this

Justcos

Justcos
  • Forum User
  • 7165 posts

Tbh I'd rather be on here and on one of our stands like Ford Fair last year. Ok there may be more people on the farcebook ones, but in comparison with the knowledge and expertise on here, and how well run the events are there's nowhere else I'd rather stick my motor. Always had a great day with the stoc and will continue as long as all the top people behind the scenes keep up their amazing work. Cheers for you all on making this a professional and super ran club. Thanks.

A huge big massive +1 :)
  • Martin C and Tdcisaloon like this

markjlev

markjlev
  • Forum User
  • 983 posts
I only joined the Facebook pages for enthusiasts after signing up here.

Don't think I have ever commented on there tho. And maybe look at it once a week compared to the 50 times a day I'm on here lol

This forum and its members is what a club is to me. Anyone can start a Facebook page but it really does not feel like a community not like this does.

I will be attending every show I can as an STOC Member. And will do all I can as a regional rep to represent the club, bring the members together and hopefully get a few good members on board too.

It's quality over quantity for me
  • Martin C, Neil, bill w and 3 others like this
New to the site? Please visit the New User thread: http://www.mondeosto...oc-please-read/
Are you a Forum User? Why not invest in the Full Club Membership. Click on this link to join... https://www.mondeostoc.com/forums/store/category/10-club-membership/
The potential savings from the Technical Handbook, How to guides, and Club Discounts will pay back the membership fee with interest.

madmanxman

madmanxman
  • Forum User
  • 16 posts
  • Surrey
  • mark
  • Mondeo ST220

I am in a few of the Faceache groups, but was always a member here first. this club is the one I have displayed on my car, (or will in a few days when the bonnet gets wrapped). And am going to Ford Fair at Beaulieu this year.

Would be great to meet a few of the club members, and look to future events, didn't do much when I had my TDCI, but the 220 has changed me.........are we meeting up before going in? if do where?

BagPuss

BagPuss
  • Club Member
  • 14440 posts

I have to agree with a lot of comments on here, as some know for 10 years I ran the Norfolk & Suffolk Regions of, at the time the biggest VW Club in the UK....Club GTI which started back in 1987.

This is how Clubs worked back then and everyone used the forums, but as most have mentioned FB has taken over the running of a lot of clubs mainly because its easy and so accessible, but on the flip side of that it's become very diluted with every man and his dog setting up splinter groups because of bickering etc

FB wasn't around back then for us 

All the hard work has gone out of setting up clubs and paying for hosting costs, php, domain names, etc.

For me FB is great in some ways as I explained to Martin, that if I have a problem working on the car I can pretty much get an answer within minutes but may have to wait for someone on the forum, so it has it's uses.

I met some fantastic enthusiasts who I still keep in contact with now and that's not just Ford, it's VW's, Family I never knew I had and actually met in Atlanta, USA last year, Rugby, Caravaning and so on.

I would never have found some of the parts for mine including the Recaros if it had not been for FB.

I know most of you hate FB, but please don't push it too far away as it could help us greatly and help promote the club further, there are still old skool out there, we just need to point them in the right direction.

I would like to keep the FB Page updated with events and the photo's from yesterday but have no way of uploading albeit one at a time in a post/message.

I posted to some of the other groups and everyone is fine, it's not a poaching agenda, just look at the fun we had with these awesome cars although Mondeo-Owners took it down straight away lol.  :lol:  :rofl:

Let's prove we can keep up with the others.

• Tdcisaloon likes this

minimad99

minimad99
  • Forum User
  • 2307 posts

As above, I think you need a mix. I checked out our FB page recently and found it hadn't been updated since 2014! How do you expect to attract a new audience with out of date content. It would be better off taken down completely rather than left like that.

ADMIN EDIT (Martin C):

Facebook discussion has been split out from this thread and added here:- http://www.mondeosto...page/?p=1015281

• Tdcisaloon likes this

P