Where's it all gone wrong? and how do we fix it?? - Club Feedback & Suggestions - Mondeo ST Owners Club

Where's it all gone wrong? and how do we fix it??

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
310 replies to this topic

SHARDZ

SHARDZ

Life-time Club Member

• Club Member
  • 3098 posts
Must say guy's it's not what it used to be on here anymore, which is a shame :yep:
  • Nellie1981 and Justcos like this

markjlev

markjlev
  • Club Member
  • 1135 posts
I think that's why we want to start pushing our Facebook presence a bit. Get the forums a bit busier.
  • Justcos and BagPuss like this
New to the site? Please visit the New User thread: http://www.mondeosto...oc-please-read/
Are you a Forum User? Why not invest in the Full Club Membership. Click on this link to join... https://www.mondeostoc.com/forums/store/category/10-club-membership/
The potential savings from the Technical Handbook, How to guides, and Club Discounts will pay back the membership fee with interest.

Justcos

Justcos
  • Forum User
  • 7167 posts
Well I'd like to think no one thinks that of me as I like and comment on lots of threads but some are way over my head like @Liam G build thread lol. If I don't know about certain threads like the derv ones I don't comment as I know nothing about mechanicals and such like. But styling and wheels and shows am all over it :yep:
  • Tdcisaloon likes this

BagPuss

BagPuss
  • Club Member
  • 14440 posts

Must say guy's it's not what it used to be on here anymore, which is a shame :yep:

What's changed and how can it be put right or at least back on track?

• Justcos likes this

Martin C

Martin C

I am someone

• Club Member
  • 12427 posts
  • South East Essex
  • Mondeo ST TDCi

A couple of 'off the cuff' thoughts from me...

• More people using and chatting on Facebook rather than Forums like this these days
  • Lack of regional club representation
  • Lack of regular club meets, resulting in people only knowing those they have met before and just chatting with them at the shows.

• Nellie1981, Justcos, BagPuss and 1 other like this

Justcos

Justcos
  • Forum User
  • 7167 posts
I'm guilty of only chatting to people at shows I've met before. This isn't because I want to it's because im not good at approaching people and it's hard knowing who's who. But when I get chatting to someone I haven't met there's no shutting me up lol
  • BagPuss, Tdcisaloon, STstewart and 1 other like this

jackl86

jackl86

Happy Gilmore

• Forum User
  • 2071 posts
For me, Facebook really upsets me, its full of toxicity and 5 million posts that start with "so..." that want to know what fuse number is X or if its a good deal to buy the £10 "bremboo" discs and pads from ebay, which then starts the opinionated argument of drilled discs are prone to cracking and "my mate works at ford"
Id like it if it was busier, and more people had progress threads to see what theyre up to etc, but im happier with quality not quantity
  • Martin C, rs1800dom, Justcos and 3 others like this

rs1800dom

rs1800dom

The Breakfast Dominator

• Forum User
  • 2581 posts
  • hampshire
  • Dom
  • Mondeo ST TDCi
I feel its the ease of use facebook is. I admit i use it alot. And dont mind saying it. But still find the time to come on here as i find its more in depth and thats what i like.

Its just social media taking over it seems.

At least true enthusiasts seem to still gravitate towards here. Not saying those who don't aren't.

Hopefully show season will bring a few people out of the wood work
  • Justcos and BagPuss like this

Allan

Allan
  • Club Member
  • 190 posts
  • Scottish Borders
  • I don't own one, yet!

1. Facebook is killing all .com clubs.

2. It's always quieter over the winter months. It'll start picking up soon.

3. This club has suffered due to lack of a new Mondeo ST. 

• Martin C and Justcos like this

markjlev

markjlev
  • Club Member
  • 1135 posts
They are coming back out even if they are not the beasts they once were. Hopefully make a difference
  • Allan and Justcos like this
New to the site? Please visit the New User thread: http://www.mondeosto...oc-please-read/
Are you a Forum User? Why not invest in the Full Club Membership. Click on this link to join... https://www.mondeostoc.com/forums/store/category/10-club-membership/
The potential savings from the Technical Handbook, How to guides, and Club Discounts will pay back the membership fee with interest.

Liam G

Liam G
  • Club Member
  • 8038 posts
Facebook is bad idea for the club people just chat on there instead, problem for them is they can't search a fix or remedy so thru just ask everytime
  • Martin C, Justcos, willf1965 and 2 others like this

roger_sausage

roger_sausage
  • Forum User
  • 216 posts
  • Nottingham
  • Lee
  • Mondeo ST220
I came off Facebook last September and haven't missed it for a moment, but I did notice how the ST220 Enthusiasts page was thriving before I left. I noticed a comment in ghostdog's project thread that he stayed off here because it was "cliquey", but in all honesty I found it to be much worse on the Facebook groups. Some of the admin in particular take themselves far too seriously and try and impose their importance, that's how it came across to me anyway.

I think Facebook groups have been the death of all manner of forums and owner's clubs. I've been a member of a lot of forums and clubs over the years, and to be honest I think this place does well to stay as busy as it does really, most have disappeared altogether.

Personally, this feels more like a club, more "official" if you will. A Facebook group is Facebook, just a page that any numpty can set up and declare as "the place to be". It's convenient I agree, but social media isn't the be all and end all in my opinion. Apart from someone playing go between, I've had nothing but positive experiences from this place, and hopefully it stays around for a long time.
  • Martin C, bill w, Justcos and 4 others like this

Neil

Neil

Mr Data

• Club Staff
  • 11270 posts

We have this feeling most years :(

Another thing, as well as Mr C's and Alan's notes, is we are spread far and wide, just like the other clubs, but with far fewer numbers.

• Martin C, Justcos and BagPuss like this

minimad99

minimad99
  • Forum User
  • 2307 posts
Some good points there guys, I feel similar myself. Facebook has it's place but to be in a real paid for club is where it's at for me.

So what do we want the club to be in future.........
  • BagPuss, Wood53y and Mondman2000 like this

roger_sausage

roger_sausage
  • Forum User
  • 216 posts
  • Nottingham
  • Lee
  • Mondeo ST220
I'm as guilty as anyone over lack of participation. Where shows and meets are concerned, they always seem to clash with plans I already have or I get stuck at work etc.

As for a project thread, there isn't really much to write about with my car. I love it to bits but there's nothing unique or unusual about it to justify a thread.
I do have plans (and a stack of parts), but I'm a mechanic and I've also spent all my adult life as part of semi-professional drag racing teams too; so when I do get a bit of spare time I tend to be "all car'd out". I do enjoy reading other people's threads though.
  • BagPuss and Wood53y like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

P