Where's it all gone wrong? and how do we fix it?? - Page 21 - Club Feedback & Suggestions - Mondeo ST Owners Club

Where's it all gone wrong? and how do we fix it??

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
310 replies to this topic

willf1965

willf1965
  • Forum User
  • 1372 posts
This is what i had for brekkie !Attached File  20170326_073620.jpg   130.81KB   0 downloads
And very nice it was too :yep: :rofl:

Justcos

Justcos
  • Forum User
  • 7167 posts
You foreigners eat some weird :censored: :lol:

willf1965

willf1965
  • Forum User
  • 1372 posts

You foreigners eat some weird :censored: :lol:

Theres 3 slices of bacon under the toast and a mug of coffee all for £4.95 !..anyway...says the man from fried marsbar country :rofl: :rofl: having scottish parents i have fond memories of holidays in scotland as a kid and having square sausage and potato and soda scones with my brekkie up there :yep:

Martin C

Martin C

I am someone

• Club Member
  • 12427 posts
  • South East Essex
  • Mondeo ST TDCi

@wilf1965 thank you so much for your very positive feedback, that sir is my kind of honesty  :bow:

• willf1965 likes this

Justcos

Justcos
  • Forum User
  • 7167 posts

Theres 3 slices of bacon under the toast and a mug of coffee all for £4.95 !..anyway...says the man from fried marsbar country :rofl: :rofl: having scottish parents i have fond memories of holidays in scotland as a kid and having square sausage and potato and soda scones with my brekkie up there :yep:

Scottish fry ups are the best :thumbsup:
  • bill w likes this

willf1965

willf1965
  • Forum User
  • 1372 posts

@wilf1965 thank you so much for your very positive feedback, that sir is my kind of honesty  :bow:

Thank you martin...just want to see this club get back to where it should be :yep:

-Matt-

-Matt-
  • Club Member
  • 1808 posts

+1 My dad was born and brought up in Ayre so I know my way around a currys red kola and deep fried pizza! Genuinely one of my favourite meals :lol: my tasty buds are watering now at just the thought!!
  • willf1965 likes this

gman8885

gman8885
  • Forum User
  • 245 posts
  • Stowmarket
  • Mondeo ST220

When i went to waxstock last year ( sadly without my car due to being off the road at the time ) with my mate in his car, i still made a point of going over to the club stand to introduce myself. I know i was a stranger to the members that were there but the response wasnt exactly what i was expecting for a fellow member. At first i thought it was in my head, but even my mate commented on the "welcome" ( or lack of ) now i am not saying it should be all "hugs and kisses" by any means ! But i was a bit deflated with the response if im honest..and this thread is about honesty...so....im not blaming individuals, and i do love this club, but for what its worth..especialy at shows..imo...people who are on the stand should make "newbies" ( which i was at the time ) feel welcome. I apologise in advance if this comment upsets anyone, but thats how i felt at the time. And if we are to move forward in a positive manner then things have to be said and learn from them.

Sorry to disagree with this point, last year was my first ever ford fair showing off my car (may not be to everyone's taste but never been slated for it) and was made very welcome to be on the owners club stand. Never met half the people that were there but we all shared the same common interest i.e the stunning cars. Seems like we've all just rumbled this debate on too long now.

Best we either try to get out on Facebook site up and running like @Martin C is trying to do, or see if we can't agree to disagree with current enthusiasts that are already about and start a super club which utilises the best of this forum and the Facebook side

willf1965

willf1965
  • Forum User
  • 1372 posts

Sorry to disagree with this point, last year was my first ever ford fair showing off my car (may not be to everyone's taste but never been slated for it) and was made very welcome to be on the owners club stand. Never met half the people that were there but we all shared the same common interest i.e the stunning cars. Seems like we've all just rumbled this debate on too long now.
Best we either try to get out on Facebook site up and running like @Martin C is trying to do, or see if we can't agree to disagree with current enthusiasts that are already about and start a super club which utilises the best of this forum and the Facebook side

I can only comment on what was my experience..i didnt have my car with me so maybe that was a factor ? Who knows..but thats how it was for me. As said...i was not trying to point fingers, just a bit of constructive critisism/advice to try and improve the club...it was just my opinion on my experience thats all...no offence to anyone was intended

Martin C

Martin C

I am someone

• Club Member
  • 12427 posts
  • South East Essex
  • Mondeo ST TDCi

I can only comment on what was my experience..i didnt have my car with me so maybe that was a factor ? Who knows..but thats how it was for me. As said...i was not trying to point fingers, just a bit of constructive critisism/advice to try and improve the club...it was just my opinion on my experience thats all...no offence to anyone was intended

It does seem to make a big difference if you are part of the stand, or just visiting.

I confess to being partly guilty myself, but in my defence, I'm usually running around sorting the stand and/or flags :facepalm:

willf1965

willf1965
  • Forum User
  • 1372 posts

It does seem to make a big difference if you are part of the stand, or just visiting.
I confess to being partly guilty myself, but in my defence, I'm usually running around sorting the stand and/or flags :facepalm:

It was just that it was the first show i had been to as a club member ( all be it without my motor ) and was just expecting it to be ( dare i say it ) a more "friendly" experience....anyway....that was then and now time to move forward :yep:
  • Martin C likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

P