Ford Mondeo ST Forum banner

Headlight washer jets/pump query??

552 views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  Mart200bhp 
#1 ·
Morning peeps,,,
After jumping on the last thread about clutches,,, we kinda got on to headlight washers???.... mine dont work but as LiamG said all have them but pump breaks n fuse pops,,,, well after looking at the jets (their real not just covers 😂) one seems to have a bit missing (directional part) and the F22 engine bay fuse has popped. So ordered some mini fuses to first see if they work. If not how easy is it to get to pump??? And also how easy is it to change the jet part as like I said a bit is missing. Ill take a photo and upload as soon as

Thanks peeps

#4 ·
You can 'pop' one of the washer jet heads off, I swapped one from an old washer assembly when I lost one. I thought well if it's fallen off it must come out, sure enough I removed the one from the spare I had with a butter knife and popped it in my missing one. Unfortunately I lost that one too then realised the jet was clipping the bumper on its way back in and pinging off the jet head!

#5 ·
I'm going to try bonding a plastic bead from a kids necklace in its place this time as the plastic surrounding the jet head has split and won't hold another. I can't be ***** removing the bumper again but I can empty my washer bottle in a day if my headlamps are on as so much comes out of the tube now! :rofl:

#8 ·
Looks to be mate@hardy1812
Is that a wee split in the plastic I can see too? , if it is you won't get away with just swapping the ' cap'.
Have a close look at the clearance as it goes back into the bumper, as said mine was just clipping the edge of the cut out in the bumper.
The brackets on the jets allow for adjustments if you're taking the bumper off but I just filed the bumper a bit as the washer jet cap covers the area

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.