6 replies to this topic

Davezeebra1

Davezeebra1
  • Forum User
  • 59 posts
  • Essex
  • Dave
  • Mondeo ST24
I'm considering buying dash cams for both of our cars but I'm not sure what to get. Anyone got one or can recommend one? Any pros and cons I should know about?

Neil

Neil

Mr Data

• Club Staff
  • 11273 posts

When ever this comes up on the LGV forums the majority say NextBase

New to the site? Please visit the New User thread: http://www.mondeosto...oc-please-read/
Are you a Forum User? Why not invest in the Full Club Membership. Click on this link to join... https://www.mondeostoc.com/forums/store/category/10-club-membership/
The potential savings from the Technical Handbook, How to guides, and Club Discounts will pay back the membership fee with interest.

Davezeebra1

Davezeebra1
  • Forum User
  • 59 posts
  • Essex
  • Dave
  • Mondeo ST24
Cheers Neil. I've been watching a few of the YouTube Dash cam channels lately and the standard of some people's driving is unbelievable. I thought getting one might help protect our NCB or discourage road ragers.
  • solar likes this

PeteST

PeteST
  • Club Member
  • 470 posts
  • Manchester
  • Mondeo ST220
I use a nextbase 212, not bad but there are better out there, although it was cheap.

The standard of driving seems to be getting worse on the roads so I'd like to think in the event of an accident I'd have proof of what happened, I take mine out when parked so noone breaks the window but when someone scraped my car a week back I have no record as the camera was out !

The amount of cars I see driving poorly with dash cams fitted makes me wonder what they use it for.
  • solar likes this

Davezeebra1

Davezeebra1
  • Forum User
  • 59 posts
  • Essex
  • Dave
  • Mondeo ST24
Maybe the bad drivers have them so they can record the chaos they cause.

blocky71

blocky71
  • Forum User
  • 934 posts
  • St marys island
  • Chris
  • Mondeo ST TDCi
I have a nextbase512g ( I think) , it's been very reliable this far and easy to use, I fitted the ' hardwire kit ' which is a doddle to fit and saves you having power cables trailing everywhere.
My only reservation is your as likely to get hit up the :censored: as you are from the front, there are kits out there that have a front and rear camera from one ' module' but they didn't get great reviews a couple of years back but I would imagine there's something rated by now.......
  • solar likes this

brownbottle

brownbottle
  • Club Member
  • 70 posts
I've got a next base gw322 fitted, a great bit of kit that's hardwired in. You can attach a rear facing cam to it which I intend to do

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

P