Ford Mondeo ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
im new on here, i currently looking to get the st tdci and looking to pay round about 7K ish and would be very greatfull if anyone coulg give me any tips and pointers in the right direction.

Thanks everyone

Gary

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hi everyone,
im new on here, i currently looking to get the st tdci and looking to pay round about 7K ish and would be very greatfull if anyone coulg give me any tips and pointers in the right direction.

Thanks everyone

Gary
Im also in the same boat, any thought guys. cheers

·
Registered
898 Posts
From my experiance looking at cars, go for an ex leese hire, ex finance, ex company car (not a pool car) as these usually have every £££ spent on them regardless. First 05 plate ST i looked at had done 57k by a lady driver. 57k of sitting in traffic, riding the clutch and letting the kids eat sweets in the back!
Im picking up a 55 plate for less thats had thousands spent on it for the higher motorway mileage.

Just my 2 pence

·
Registered
201 Posts
From my experiance looking at cars, go for an ex leese hire, ex finance, ex company car (not a pool car) as these usually have every £££ spent on them regardless. First 05 plate ST i looked at had done 57k by a lady driver. 57k of sitting in traffic, riding the clutch and letting the kids eat sweets in the back!
Im picking up a 55 plate for less thats had thousands spent on it for the higher motorway mileage.

Just my 2 pence
Just picked me mondeo st tdci up yesterday, i love it. It had dvd players in the headrests and i didnt even ****** know!!! its stunning, panther black saloon, what a lovely car

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just picked up a "54" plated ST TDCI in black with 74k on the clock for £5K about 2 months ago! I was will chuffed. Dont worry the log book came back with 2 owners provious to me ok. Its a really tidy car & saves me loads compaired to the Cosworth (Now in garage). Only problem being was me scratching the drivers door in a multi-story car park! Dooough! Ive picked up a cat free pipe but not fitted yet. The supplyer is giving gains of 22bhp... Will keep posted. CheeRS...Neil

·
Registered
4 Posts
I picked up my 56 reg for mondeo ST155 TDCI for £6000 with 84000K on the clock. It is in mint condition 1 owner from new. Just had to replace the clutch and flywheel so my advice is to ask if it has been replaced as they are expensive Dual Mass Flywheel and Clutch Kits (£850) Plus Labour.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I picked up my 56 reg for mondeo ST155 TDCI for £6000 with 84000K on the clock. It is in mint condition 1 owner from new. Just had to replace the clutch and flywheel so my advice is to ask if it has been replaced as they are expensive Dual Mass Flywheel and Clutch Kits (£850) Plus Labour.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The decat has made a great difference in torque. Very noticable & the rev counter seems to show how much more rev free the engine has become. Its not a hard job to change over. The only problem I have now is that the starter motor has packed up! Typical! Ive read about the problems & even found this:

http://www.autoelectro.co.uk/bulletins/FORD%20TECHNICAL-AES2202.pdf

If the chutch it ****e then is there a composite replacement thats not going to gash the starter up? CheeRS...Neil

Attachments

·
Registered
898 Posts
Nice looking motor, i think theres a bloke selling those decat pipes on ebay. Might have to invest in one!

As for the clutch, im not sure if theres a replacement other than standard.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ive been asking & probing about different companys & got talking to "Techniclutch" who are currently 3-4 weeks from putting out a complete replacement into full time production. The Dual mass problems everybody have always tend to be after about 50k miles. Im on 74k now so that would explain my starter motor issues! The dual mass is getting skipped if faviour of a solid flywheel. I found them in the Performance Ford mag if anyone else is intrested. I was told the complete clutch system & fly wheel will be costing about £350. Ideal!!!

Info:
www.techniclutch.com

(Free phone: 0800-083-4142)

Picture: Standard Mondeo clutch & flywheel kit 2.2 ST TDCi 04-07 (155 Bhp/Ps)

Attachments

·
Registered
898 Posts
Some good info there. Especially if it brings the cost down.

My gearbox, clutch, flywheel and master cylinder were all replaced at 87000 miles and im now on 99000 so probably wont need one for a while!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts