Ford Mondeo ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I'm Liam and i'v been lurking for a while as i have a 2006 Mondeo Silver Edition but now i have a new weekend toy. I finally got my hands on an ST220 estate and after only a week, i'm absolutely loving it. Its the best car iv ever had. Its got AP coil overs, Focus ST front brakes and JP exhaust which is nice and loud. it came with a folder full of paperwork which iv never got with a car before. Iv affectionately called it big blue. I look forward to being a member of the ST220 community.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Welcome Liam

I think I've seen this one pop up on Instagram in the last week or so

Does look a good one 👍

·
Premium Member
11,341 Posts
:welcome: to our little corner of the internet :nice:

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Lovely looking beast. Sounds like you got a lovely looked after motor there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good to see. Welcome. You'll never regret it. I've had several "sport" fords over the years and the 220 is by far the best for general use and practicality. You'll feel good every time you get in it and sometimes you'll find yourself taking the "the long way round" just for the fun of driving it. Clarkson summed it up in his 2005 review "why would you buy anything else??!!" Enjoy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought an 04 PB ST220 Estate myself hence becoming a new member to the club. Genuine 54k from new and virtually 1 owner up until last October (Originally a dealer demonstrator purchased by a chap when it was just a few months old who sadly died around 2015. It transferred to his wife who kept it as a spare until finally parting with it last October). Don't think the couple who bought it off her knew what they were buying and traded it for something more economical earlier this month! It's now in my possession and it's a keeper. I'm just about to embark upon a 'light restoration' to bring her back to her former glory; she's in great condition but by no means 'totally immaculate' as the back street trader described so needs a little paint, wheel refurb and some investigation into a low down misfire under load (common thing I'm gathering). Anyway, I'm eagerly awaiting delivery of my Haynes manual before I get my hands dirty!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
@LemanM5 probably coil pack mate. Very common. They are getting very old now 👌🏻

·
Premium Member
11,341 Posts
:welcome: to our little corner of the internet :nice:

It could be the rear bank of spark plugs too, some garages are prone to charging, but not doing the rear bank of plugs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts