Ford Mondeo ST Forum banner

I just bought an Xbox One

2K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  Justcos 
#1 ·
299.99 from Argos, didn't bother with a bundle, just console only. Bought 2 games, Forza Horizon 2 and Alien Isolation @ 29.99 each. Couldn't get a cheaper deal at Game, the dude their told me I'm better off buying from Argos. This is to replace my Xbox 360.

Commence the "why didn't you get a PS4?" banter...LOL

#6 ·
Xbox all the way for me mate too, im thinking of a one soon. well at the end of a long list of needs haha
To be honest, I had no intention of getting a new console until I hooked up the 360 to the new TV, just thought a next gen console would be the icing on the cake. Was looking at comparisons of the PS4 and Xbox One, all I noticed was that the colours seemed to be slightly richer on the Xbox One. Also, I'd recently renewed my Live subs too...and Forza Horizon 2 is just bloomin awesome!

Am sure the PS4 is just as capable, but am an MS tart all the way, my entire career is based on MS infrastructure products...that's most likely what swayed me towards another Xbox.

So far, so good.

#7 ·
I wouldn't even know how to turn one on I will stick with my sega mega drive lol
Oddly enough, a lot of the Sega console stuff lives on in the Xbox 360. Only a few years back did Outrun get pulled from the 360 Arcade because the license for the Lamborghini logo etc. expired, Sega didn't renew. However, I believe the old Xbox architecture comes from the Sega Dreamcast....apparently.

#9 ·
Whats a Sega Mega Drive?

I'm still loading tapes in a Commodore :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: , it's not even the 64 version :facepalm:
I'll never forget when my old man purchased a Commodore 64 back in 1984...he brought it home and we went to work on setting up. However, none of the games he had bought worked. They were all for the VIC-20...talk about frustration!!!

#11 ·
I got an Amiga for Christmas when I was younger, my mum and dad led me to believe I was getting a c64, I couldn't believe it when I opened the box !!
I couldn't believe how quick games would load compared to my 128k spectrum, I spent all Christmas playing pinball fantasies.
I remember asking for stuff like a NES and Amiga for various Xmas presents, but I never got them. I think money was quite an issue back then so big stuff like that was off the menu whilst most of my mates got the Amigas and Sega Master Systems. The interest rate hikes back then did have somewhat of an impact on my parents household finances.

But then again, the old man did have a bit of a hatred for consoles? Not sure why because I remember him buying an Atari console back in 1980 with us all playing Pong and stuff on it.

But the request for an Amiga was always met with somewhat hostility. However, he was a huge fan of the IBM PC clone stuff which was starting to gather some momentum. So instead, we had an 80286 PC back in 1990, which was utter rubbish for games.

Oddly enough, by 1993 he had built a pretty mean 80386 PC all loaded up with decent SVGA graphics, creative soundcard and........a CD-ROM drive LOL. At last, we had a computer capable of giving the Amiga a run for its money. Instead of me and my mates piling round an Amiga owners home, they were instead coming to my place to play on the "PC".

But still, I would have preferred to have had an Amiga back in 1990. Most of my mates got one that year, I think it was the Batman bundle.

#12 ·
I remember asking for stuff like a NES and Amiga for various Xmas presents, but I never got them. I think money was quite an issue back then so big stuff like that was off the menu whilst most of my mates got the Amigas and Sega Master Systems. The interest rate hikes back then did have somewhat of an impact on my parents household finances.

But then again, the old man did have a bit of a hatred for consoles? Not sure why because I remember him buying an Atari console back in 1980 with us all playing Pong and stuff on it.

But the request for an Amiga was always met with somewhat hostility. However, he was a huge fan of the IBM PC clone stuff which was starting to gather some momentum. So instead, we had an 80286 PC back in 1990, which was utter rubbish for games.

Oddly enough, by 1993 he had built a pretty mean 80386 PC all loaded up with decent SVGA graphics, creative soundcard and........a CD-ROM drive LOL. At last, we had a computer capable of giving the Amiga a run for its money. Instead of me and my mates piling round an Amiga owners home, they were instead coming to my place to play on the "PC".

But still, I would have preferred to have had an Amiga back in 1990. Most of my mates got one that year, I think it was the Batman bundle.
I had a mate who I only liked so I could play his Amiga 500 that thing was the daddy lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.