Ford Mondeo ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
2002 Mk3 mondeo st220
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any help or advice would be massively appreciated :)

Whilst driving im getting a noise almost like when you have a flat tyre, (sounds like you are hitting a flat spot on every rotation of the wheels) problem is i cant pin point exactly which corner it is coming from, The noise is very noticable and I can feel it through my pedals and steering wheel also, it seems to get progressively worse the warmer the car gets, I have had 2 new front wheel bearings in the last 4 months, and today have jacked her up on every corner and spun the wheels to check for any bad wheel bearing related noises but everything looks and sounds as it should 馃, The car flew through an MOT a week ago with no advisories so I am at an absolute loss as to what my problem could be.
Has anyone got any ideas or come across this before?
Many thanks
Christie x

Registered
2002 Mk3 mondeo st220
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had this with my st220 it turned out to be the odd tyres I had. Different makes on every corner. The problem was solved when I bought four new premium tyres.
Oh wow i never thought of that i know i definitely have different makes of tyres on the front and literally only had a new one put on passenger side 2 weeks ago, i shall get this checked tomorrow, hopefully will be the cause, thankyou that info is much appreciated 馃槉

1 - 5 of 5 Posts