Ford Mondeo ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one got any ideas as to which is the best exhaust and induction kit for the mondeo st200.
a quick search around tinternet seems to throw up a blueflame and mongoose exhaust , but nothing else.
Induction , theres the usual suspects ,K&N and pipercross etc.
Pipercross do 2 , what looks like the standard one and a viper version which is £100 more , would this one be worth the extra £100 ??
I would also be interested in other engine /ECU mods if anyone has them
Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'd recommend mongoose out of the 2 but I'm a bit biased lol

I lent them my old accord type r to make the system for that and I'm sorting out with them at the minute to get my ST220 estate done

I perhaps shouldn't say this as I've only just joined but I can get you discount on mongoose systems as I used to be a trader and they still happily deal with me, I've just sold 8 accord systems this last few weeks for them

yes the viper systems are better too than the normal filters

·
Registered
26 Posts
when i had an ST200 i had a mongoose system and loved it.just the right amount of noise and the build was faultless it has to be said.

as for induction,an uprated panel filter IMO does nothing at all.the actual box size and design limits its overall draw and flow rate.

a large enclosed cone filter direct fed from the bumper or similar is your best bet.

i tried the k&n panel filter and it does nothing.i tried an open cone filter which def sounds awesome and during winter it flies like a thing possesed but during summer it saps a lot of power.heat soak is an issue with these.

i would therefore as said above,opt for enclosed cone type and there you have a shielded unit capable of drawing in a lot more air plus it will be a lot cooler.

as for £200+ kits?? well,there all pricey when you look into it and i tend to try and use universals cos i havent had any issues with fitment.just do your homework before hand and slash costs by a half

·
Registered
4 Posts

I lent them my old accord type r to make the system for that and I'm sorting out with them at the minute to get my ST220 estate done

I perhaps shouldn't say this as I've only just joined but I can get you discount on mongoose systems as I used to be a trader and they still happily deal with me, I've just sold 8 accord systems this last few weeks for them

·
Registered
4 Posts

[/quote]

·
Registered
4 Posts

[/quote]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts