Ford Mondeo ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a new clutch fitted last September, then the car sat idle for many months, with just short trips to the supermarket. When Ive started driving it on the motorway this month, when I take my foot off the accelerator, it slips out of 6th and into neutral. This didnt happen before the clutch was replaced, any ideas please?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Hi. I would start by checking you have full movement at the selectors on top of the gearbox. Make sure there is nothing fouling the selector mechanism and the gear selector cables aren’t starting to seize. Not 100% sure about the TDCi but there is coolant hoses and a wiring harness close by to the selector assembly on the the V6 so if you have had a clutch fitted recently then something may not be routed right.
Cheers.
Bill.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi. I would start by checking you have full movement at the selectors on top of the gearbox. Make sure there is nothing fouling the selector mechanism and the gear selector cables aren’t starting to seize. Not 100% sure about the TDCi but there is coolant hoses and a wiring harness close by to the selector assembly on the the V6 so if you have had a clutch fitted recently then something may not be routed right.
Cheers.
Bill.
Many thanks for your reply Bill, much appreciated, I’ll let you know if I find anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts