Ford Mondeo ST Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, as the title states, my speedo isn't working on my 200. It has a new speed sensor in the gearbox, the dash lights up, fuel, rev tep all work but not speed. Also the trip computer/mpg/miles left in tank not reading. And the traction light comes and stays on. I'm guessing these are all linked as they all stared at the same time. Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers, billy

·
Administrator
11,448 Posts
The speedo is fed from the gearbox and if that signal is missing then the trip computer and traction control will also have issues.

As you have changed the sensor you are either down to a wheel sensor issue (iirc one is linked to the ECU for speed but not sure which one) or a broken wire (tough to find where).

It will pay to get the codes read and see what you are dealing with. Any number of apps for phones (plus OBD Dongle) will do.

I personally use a laptop and FORScan.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi mate, thanks for that!
Iv not looked in to wheel sensor, I was under the impression they were abs only but would make sense they'd work un conjunction with gearbox sensor. Iv got a workshop manual and full car wiring manual from a Ford dealer so I'll have a look through that to see witch one it is.
It doesn't throw any codes up so can't see what's at fault 🤷‍♂️

1 - 3 of 3 Posts