Ford Mondeo ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Ford Mondeo ST220 (2006)
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening all, I’ve just signed up and already I need your help. Does anyone know where I can lay my hands on a new pair of OE Mondeo ST220 (5dr) rear coil springs (1383778). Whilst changing the rear shocks and drop links my friendly mechanic informed me the coil springs are rotten and he hasn’t been able to find any from his parts suppliers or the local Ford dealer. I ordered a pair listed on eBay with Rates Ford who refunded me due to them being on back order. Tried again on eBay with Ford Official Parts UK and had the same result and said they will likely be on back order until next year. Found a company in Sheffield who can make them, but need one from my car couriered to them so they can take measurements, which will take around 4 weeks. Does anyone have any ideas or has anyone had a similar problem recently?

·
Premium Member
11,362 Posts

·
Administrator
194 Posts
It's annoying that two places you've tried are still advertising them on ebay, I hate that. 🤬

·
Registered
Ford Mondeo ST220 (2006)
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately like many older cars OE springs and in some case shocks are no longer available.

Replacement is now down to pattern parts.

Autodoc gets my vote - This page is set up for a 220 Hatchback - https://www.autodoc.co.uk/car-parts/coil-springs-10213/ford/mondeo/mondeo-iii-b5y/16632-st220
Thanks Neil, my only concern with the parts listed by autodoc, when you read the related OE part codes, they display different Ford coil spring part numbers, or list multiple part number including 1383778. Ford told me most pattern parts are the generic Mk3 Mondeo rear coil springs, not the ST ones.
You are right though, I might have to take a gamble with autodoc and return them if they are wrong fit.

·
Registered
Ford Mondeo ST220 (2006)
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's annoying that two places you've tried are still advertising them on ebay, I hate that. 🤬
Completely agree, I’m of a mind to complain to eBay, though I doubt they would care either.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
:unsure: Unfortunately if Ford dont do them now we can find any other alternatives im afraid.

·
Registered
Ford Mondeo ST220 (2006)
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you both for your efforts. I will continue to find a solution and will provide an update if I’m successful

·
Registered
Ford Mondeo ST220 (2006)
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think the OE part may have been manufactured by Optimal Automotive GmbH as their part is similarly priced and out of stock everywhere. I’ve emailed them and sent a Facebook message asking for OE part confirmation and when/if the part will be available. If they confirm the part to be cancelled, I’ll see if they are able to release the specifications to me so I can get it manufactured locally. I know I’m shooting for the moon here, but worth a try.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts