Ford Mondeo ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spotted this looks Intresting. although it doesn't work it the first one I've seen with a supercharger and would be an awesome beast if it did,,,,wonder who will take this on then,be a nice challenge and more than likely an expensive one :) Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Font

Attachments

·
Administrator
11,448 Posts

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
I have sent him am very reasonable message :

"Hello i have a couple of questions, what type of SC is on the car? How come it was sent to the states when there are many reputable companies within the UK who are capable of refurbing/rebuilding one. Also correct me if i am wrong but an SC runs from the drivetrain so supoercharger doesnt work then the car wont run properly, a turbo runs from boost but a supercharger boosts from about 2k.."

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
This is his reply:

"The charger was a Procharger C-1 which is a compact charger and is belt driven from the crank pulley, so works fine without it!

Google belt driven superchargers!

I have binned the charger as it was beyond repair.
I tried lots of companies in the UK and they were not interested.
Supercharger rebuilds seemed the obvious choice as they dealt with Procharger.
Bottom line is you need a belt driven charger, ie Procharger or vortech and a plate made to fit (if it is not a C1)
and have it fitted professionally, I just don't have the interest anymore!
Hope this helps!

- officedispatch"

Oh so now he thinks everyone but him is a numbskull? As far as i am aware ALL superchargers are belt driven haha so what he is now saying is that the car acctually DOESNT have a supercharger, so infact 90% of the auctiuon description is a lie/****** hahaha. i knew my gut feeling was right.

·
Administrator
11,448 Posts
So the induction pipe work is in place but the supercharger is missing!

Basically he hasn't kept (or the previous owner) the parts to put the car back to standard and is now stuck with it.

Keep pushing and see were this goes.

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
Right he finally replied, this is what i sent....

"Dear officedispatch,

So to answer my question..... which you didnt, what TYPE of supercharger is it? as you say in the auction that the car has a supercharger. Procharger is a make not a type. All Super chargers are belt driven as they are driven from the drive train.

I can name 4-6 companies within the UK that would happily have refurbed the charger.

In the words of dragons den, sorry but i'm out..... the auction is ******

- purplehiphoptiger"

Not an unreasonable message, state facts and was fairly polite....

Here is he reply......... word that comes to mind is BUSTED!!

"Dear purplehiphoptiger,

I'm not even going to warrant this with an intelligent reply.

I suggest you take stock of your 'personal issues' and get treatment!

- officedispatch"

I have message him back, i think this could be fun, anyone else fancy sending some messages to the dip****?

·
Administrator
11,448 Posts
My question....

This sounds like a cracking opportunity to get something unique back on the road. However with such things there are a couple of questions.

Why was another engine required? Were the internals upgraded in the replacement?

Is the SC on the car or does it need removing to be re-built/repaired/replaced?

If it is removed is she, lets face it all cars are she's!! running with standard air inlet filter or do you have a hose fitted to bypass where the SC was?

When the clutch was replaced did this included the DMF and Slave Cylinder and finally what's a MIT exhaust?

Regards

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hello Guys,

It seems i've received a few questions regarding my car that is currently advertised on eBay. Questions that are generated from members on this thread.

I will firstly say that the original question that was asked was answered as you can see above. The reply i got from member ghostdog is as above, apart from what he ommited, being 'In the words of dragons den, sorry but i'm out..... the auction is ******'

When someone writes back to my perfectly reasonable answer 'THE AUCTION IS ******' then that is the reason i stated that the answer does not warrant a reply from myself.

Reading this thread is pretty diappointing to say the least, I have nothing to hide regarding this car and have tried to be as open as i can and will continue to do so.

Put things into persepective here, were talking about a 9 year old car which i have advertised for what i feel is a reasonable price. Feel free to disagree though!

Regarding a few quick points made above

1. The car could be put back to standard for a minimal fee as this procharger set up is a bolt on application, (and i may look to do that if the car does not sell)

2. Regarding the 2 year time frame to fix the charger . Delivered to superchargerrebuilds in the USA on 3-08-11 ... Delivered back to me on 30-08-2013 with over 60 emails back on forth. I have documented proof of this

3. Regarding the replacement engine. I have documented proof of the replacement engine which i paid £1200 for with just over 30,000 miles on it and had it professionally replaced with a brand new clutch and slave cylinder. (which again i have documentation for) Fitting bill £800 (Reason for engine replacement is a cracked piston liner on a trip to newcastle.

4. The header tank is aftermarker and expanded due to pressure built up from the split piston liner. The grey part is a small repair to stop it leaking.

There is a full forum post regarding the car when it was originally modified which can be found here. (you need to be a member to view it) pictures of the full install are there.

http://www.stownersclub.com/index.php?/topic/12677-a-beast-is-born/?hl=%2Bbeast+%2Bborn

Lastly, to say that i have been 'BUSTED' or similar is ridiculous, and i'd expect a little more repect than that!!! What exactly have i been busted for? I am a business owner and could continue to put the car back to its supercharged state but i don't have the time or patience anymore. If you read the advert, you will see that i talk of the fact the supercharger is no longer on the car. There is however the full kit, including an inline fuel pump, and a Procharger engine managment unit which comes into play under boost (or induction from the supercharger) The supercharger is mounted to a plate with a belt directly connected to a pulley on the crank, so it is a bolt on solution. As you will read in the advert, i state that you would need to BUY a new supercharger like a Procharger C-1 or a vortech. I would add though that in no way would i guarantee it will work as i personally have not had it working.

I take onboard some of the points above regarding photos of the engine and system components. I will re-visit my advert and see where i can make assurances and include the STOwners club forum link (which details just about everything you need to know)

Guys, this is a project for someone that knows what they are doing! Bottom line is, a second hand unit, and some professional time and the car would be magnificent! Something i no longer have the will or the time for!!

That said, any questions and i will be happy to answer.

Here are a few picks of the original install

18112006080.jpg

18112006081.jpg

18112006082.jpg

18112006083.jpg

Cheers!!

Scott

·
Registered
0 Posts
I have read over the advert on eBay and have made as many assurances and corrections as i can regarding the car. Ultimately, i have made sure the fact the car does NOT have the supercharger is clear and in bold, (although i had noted that originally) I have stated though that a replacement could be sought over time for around $600- $1000 dollars off ebay.com and bolted in. I must stress it would need to be someone who knows what they are doing though. I also have a name, contact and email for the company and individual who fitted the system originally (who said he is more than happy to look at the car if another charger is bought) This information, i would pass to the buyer!

Thanks James, I really appreciate your comment!

Feeling a little isolated at the moment! :nope:

Thanks Leeroy,

I would have LOVED to have driven this car to its potential, but its hopefully a project for someone else now who has the time.

·
Administrator
11,448 Posts
Fair plat Scott. It is sometimes wise to write the advert in word or something and read and edit and read and edit until it is clear and accurate.

Yep Liam has been researching a lot of late.

Anyway I hope she does go to a good home, GLWTS.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts