Ford Mondeo ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,362 Posts
I used the guide in Ford Wiki (http://fordwiki.co.u...al_And_Cleaning). All I'm doing here is adding Phots and a few tips picked up in the way.

A. The biggest tip is to change your spark plugs at the same time.

B. Next allow 2 days. take it apart on day 1 and soak everything overnight if you can in gunk, carb cleaner or similar. Then re-assemble on day 2.

C. Clean Everything

D. Get 2 pieces of hose pipe, or some thing similar. One with an internal diameter of about 1cm and the other 1.5 cm. They only need to be about 3cm long. If not then experiment with something similar. i used left over hose from my fish tank that happened to be 2 different sizes.

E. Have the Haynes Manual Handy

Any way down to business......

Step 1. Remove the fuel pump fuse and start the engine to de-pressurise the fuel system. Wiki states fuse 14 but in the 200 it was fuse 9 in mine.

2. Disconnect the battery.

3. Remove the Air Filter, Bellows, MAF.

4. Remove the front cover.

5. Disconnect the throttle Cable and remove both the Cable Bracket and the Throttle Body.

6. Remove the EGR valve and the Vacuum Hose block on the rear of the UIM.

7. Slacken all 6 UIM bolts and disconnect the Vacuum Hoses.

8. Remove UIM complete with the bolts.

The red arrow indicates where one of my hoses for my Oil Catch tank is connected to.

The LIM should now be visible.

9. Disconnect the wiring for the coolant temperature sensor.

10. Disconnect wiring from the injectors using a small screwdriver to push the middle of the spring clip in, to release the injector plug.

11. Disconnect the IMRC cable from the secondary spring mechanism.

12. Disconnect the fuel lines using the method described in the Haynes manual. This is where the 2 bits of hose come in handy. What myself and Paul discovered is this is a fiddly job but hopefully this method will save you time.
Use the engines dip stick to put a bit of oil on the pipe. Cable tie the hose to the pipe, not to tight so that it can still be slid. Then pushing the bulbous bit towards the hose push the hose in under the spring. A drop of oil on the outside of the hose aids in reducing the friction. Once the hose is under the spring, pull apart.
Simples.

The fuel lines are different sizes hence the different sizes of hose. Anything suitable should work.

USE THE SAME BITS OF HOSE FOR RECONNECTING!!

13. Unscrew the LIM securing bolts in the tightening sequence described in the Haynes manual and remove the LIM and keep the securing bolts safe.

The ports should now be visible and don't drop anything down them!

14. Clean all parts as necessary, replace spark plugs if you want to and assembly is the reverse of removal.

This phot is included to show where the other hose for the oil catch tank is connected.

Expect smoke on start up and some lumpy tick over!!!

·
Premium Member
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it was, I'm sure she is running smoother and a little more responsive.

Hopefully with the crank case breather and oil catch tank them days are over. Only time will tell.

·
Premium Member
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We were done it six hours. On your own and giving the parts an even better clean would take longer. Next time I will strip on one day, soak the parts over night, clean and re-assemble the next day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts